FreeCourt’s Tools to Help Resolve Disputes:
FreeCourt offers a robust fully-automated online system that allows you to communicate complaints and file claims at no charge against businesses, professionals, and others for the purpose of resolving disputes. You may not file more than 10 claims per year.
The success of your claim will depend on several factors, including the content of your complaint and the terms of settlement you propose; successful delivery to the other party; the person receiving your claim and others who may review it and decide how to respond; policies and/or laws affecting your case, and any number of intangibles. With the exception of delivery, where we use our best efforts to achieve timely completion (but cannot guarantee it), all other factors are outside our control.
Important: We cannot and do not guarantee results. By filing a claim through the FreeCourt system you specifically agree that:
- FreeCourt does not guarantee your claim will be resolved.
- FreeCourt’s tools, though they may be powerful incentives to resolution, do not guarantee that your proposed terms or any other terms will be acceptable to the other party.
If for any reason you believe that we haven’t lived up to our services as promised above, please contact us at support@FreeCourt.com. We’re here to help.
What you can do on this site:
- Recover money or other compensation you believe you’re entitled to
- Propose reasonable and good-faith terms of settlement for damages or losses incurred through an agreement, transaction, or relationship pertaining to your complaint
- Include content such as statements, descriptions, timelines, photos, or recordings to explain and support your position
- Invite lawyers, professionals, businesses or other FreeCourt users to review, comment, or suggest possible resolution options for your complaint
- Use the FreeCourt Registry to review unresolved claims and evaluate product and service providers
What you can’t do:
- Attempt to recover anything you don’t believe you are reasonably entitled to
- Attempt to collect from parties in bankruptcy, in violation of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code
- Deliberately cause harm to a business, individual or other entity for malicious or illegal purposes
- Publicly post another party’s private personal information such as Social Security number, bank account or credit card numbers, passwords, private account numbers, or certain other confidential information that might reasonably result in identity theft or other criminal victimization
- Make false or exaggerated statements in order to recover money or other compensation
- Provide false or misleading exhibits such as timelines, photos, or recordings in support of your claim
- Misrepresent your role in the circumstances surrounding your claim
- Use hostile and/or vulgar language in communicating with another party
- Use FreeCourt to threaten, extort, or coerce
- Violate any state or federal laws
Note: Upon receiving a request we reserve the right, but not the obligation, to withdraw any or all publicly posted claim information (concerning your case) from the FreeCourt Registry.
- The Terms contained in this Agreement represent the complete statement of our policies and supersede any statements or communications found in other parts of FreeCourt.com, in promotional material, or elsewhere.
Use Constitutes Acceptance
Use of this Website
Important: Warranties and Limitations on Services Provided
- FreeCourt offers a low-cost automated complaint resolution process, with robust communication and negotiation tools, to assist claimants in reaching mutually acceptable resolutions with third parties. In using the system you understand and agree to certain limitations:
No Guarantee of Results
FreeCourt cannot guarantee resolution of claims. We also cannot guarantee delivery of claims: despite best efforts, incorrect addresses, recipient spam filters, refusal to open or respond to claims, or other factors may prevent communication with the other party. Users have the option to choose posting a claim publicly as a means of reaching unresponsive parties, which may or may not succeed in getting a response.
No Guarantee of Legally Binding Nature
FreeCourt cannot guarantee that any resolution you may receive with the other party is legally binding. This is not a legal service.
Technical and Customer Support Limitations
In general, FreeCourt cannot respond to requests for changes, updates received via email, etc., beyond technical support relating to operation of the online system. We do not offer personal assistance, legal advice, or any other help regarding the content of your dispute with the other party. Automated support systems allow you to review, edit, revise terms, and make other changes to your claim. Technical support and claim-filing help can be requested though Customer Support: support@FreeCourt.com.
FreeCourt is Not a Law Firm or Attorney Referral Service
- You hereby acknowledge and agree that FreeCourt is not a law firm and does not provide legal services, advice, or assistance in any form. You understand that FreeCourt provides self-directed peer-to-peer negotiation and settlement without lawyers, mediators, or other human intermediaries. You also understand that legal issues can be complex and require technical expertise and advice from competent legal counsel. Users are solely responsible for their use of the FreeCourt negotiation and settlement system and are encouraged to consult professional counsel for any legal issues relating to their claims. You understand that FreeCourt is not an attorney referral service, though we do provide the option for you to receive inbound communication from attorneys who may want to inquire about your claim. You are solely responsible for any relationship you may form with attorneys or other legal advisers who contact you through the FreeCourt system. FreeCourt does not share in attorney fees in any way.
- You understand and agree that Content you post is made in good faith to resolve disputes and not posted for any other purpose, including but not limited to marketing, promotion, or malicious use or intent. You hold FreeCourt.com harmless for any damages resulting from use of FreeCourt.com, and assume all responsibility and liability for information and content submitted by you to the claim and/or claim response.
- FreeCourt is an open service that can be used anywhere in the world. Users bear sole responsibility for complying with local regulations regarding posting of Internet content or any other aspect of filing complaints online. Users are strongly advised to check applicable laws regarding Internet content in their jurisdictions, which may include the location of the party they are filing against.
Limitations re Publicly Posted Claims
- You understand and agree we can make no warranty that claims removed from the FreeCourt Registry will cease to exist on the Internet. All or part of your claim may remain accessible in search engine archives, or on any sites that have republished it. FreeCourt.com bears no responsibility for any information contained in your posted claim, or for consequences of the continuing existence of such information on the Internet after your claim has been removed from the FreeCourt Registry.
FreeCourt Voting Structure
- You understand that voting structure on FreeCourt’s cases represents the opinion by a third party based on, among other factors, the evidence locker for cases filed by FreeCourt users. This voting will be incrementally downgraded if the voter is anonymous. All cases initiated by anonymous claimants will be incrementally downgraded because the claimant chose to be anonymous.
- Threatening, abusive, or other nonconstructive behavior, in attempt to intimidate or otherwise coerce a claiming party or FreeCourt to remove, edit, or reposition content, or change a rating will, at FreeCourt’s sole discretion, result in an F regardless of the disposition of any outstanding claims.
- You further understand that FreeCourt’s voting structure is subject to ongoing improvement and that methods and calculations may change without notice.
Claims Against Parties in Bankruptcy
- You agree to abide by all relevant restrictions on collections if the party you are filing against is in bankruptcy. You further understand and agree that in the event a party you have filed a claim against is in bankruptcy, your FreeCourt will be deemed a public notice only and not a collection attempt in violation of the United States Bankruptcy Code. FreeCourt is not giving legal advice whether or not a claimant can make a claim or such notice would be legally sufficient under US Bankruptcy laws. You agree that you have searched to determine if the business, organization or individual has filed for bankruptcy before you opened your claim.
Claimant’s Obligation to Communicate
- The claimant is obligated to respond to the other party’s acceptance of terms; to respond to requests from FreeCourt to confirm whether claims have been settled outside the FreeCourt system, and to confirm changes to contact information or other facts as necessary.
- If you do not respond within 10 days, FreeCourt may, at its discretion, remove content from the site. The claimant is not allowed to change or edit the materials uploaded into the evidence locker.
Settlement No Admission of Guilt
- You understand and agree that in using the FreeCourt system disputing parties agree that any and all communications including, but not limited to, descriptions of incidents leading up to claims, claim details or backgrounds, proposed terms of settlement, and any other communications between the parties conveyed or posted in the process of filing, responding to, or negotiating a claim, are not in any way admissions of guilt or liability. Agreement to settle a dispute on FreeCourt extends only to the specific terms of the settlement and not to other issues communicated between the parties.
Restrictions on Use
- You must be age 18 years of age or older to use the FreeCourt website.
- You must not use FreeCourt to upload pornography to the site or attempt to do so.
- You must not upload more than 10 cases in any one calendar year.
- Bots are not allowed to vote or file a case. If FreeCourt determines you used a bot to either vote or file a case, FreeCourt reserves its right to ban the bot and you from using or participating in the site in the future.
Further Restrictions on Use
- You may link to FreeCourt with our permission. If you would like to link to our website for commercial purposes, please email: support@FreeCourt.com
- You may not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, upload to, create derivative works from, transmit, or in any way exploit any part of the service, with this exception: you may download material from the service and/or make one print copy for your own personal non-commercial use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices.
- You may not use the services in any way to improve the quality of any data sold or contributed by you to any third party without FreeCourt’s express permission. Furthermore, you may not use any of our trademarks, trade names or service marks in any manner which creates the impression that such names and marks belong to or are associated with you or are used with our consent, and you acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in and to any of these names and marks.
- You will not use the services or the information contained therein in unsolicited mailings or spam material. You will not use any of our trademarks, trade names or service marks in unsolicited mailings or spam material.
Damages Calculation Disclosure
- FreeCourt does not control the amount of damages requested by the claimant. FreeCourt does not allow you to add interest to the terms of claims.
- By using this system, you agree to hold FreeCourt harmless for any possible miscalculations made by our application, problems with our technology, or yourself. We strongly advise that you check all entries before you submit them to FreeCourt.
- FreeCourt is not giving advice on whether or not the verdict reached by crowdsourced voting system is legally binding. This website is for entertainment purposes only.
No Tax Advice
- FreeCourt does not give tax advice. FreeCourt strongly suggests you obtain a professional opinion on whether your damages award is taxable.
- This website contains content derived in whole or in part from materials supplied by us and various other sources. This website, including but not limited to its text, logos, content, photographs, animations, video, audio, software, interface design, methods, and graphics (the “intellectual property”), is protected by copyrights, trade and service marks, international treaties and/or other proprietary rights and laws of the U.S. and other countries. The intellectual property is also protected as a collective work or compilation under U.S. copyright and other laws and treaties. All individual articles, columns and other elements making up the services are also copyrighted works. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright and other laws, as well as any additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the services.
- If you would like to make copies and/or distribute certain information, please contact us at support@FreeCourt.com.
No License Granted
Accuracy Disclaimer re All Website Content
- FreeCourt.com functions solely as an Internet service provider; not as an information content provider or publisher on the third party cases uploaded to this site. We do not warrant or guarantee the accuracy, quality, completeness, or validity of any information on the website, linked from the website, or included as an exhibit or attachment on any case. We have no discretion oversight and we accept no responsibility as to the terms, background, or validity of any information provided by either the claiming or responding party.
- Except for the content of the claims themselves, information on this website has been obtained from sources believed by us to be accurate and reliable. Any ads, press releases, and newsletters are provided by the identified organizations, which are responsible for their content. We do not edit or control the information we receive, although we may note obvious errors that have been discovered. Due to the possibility of human and mechanical error, we are not responsible for any errors or omissions.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- We endeavor to maintain the highest professional quality of the services offered at FreeCourt.com, and may make changes or improvements at any time. However, we cannot be held responsible for any errors, defects, lost profits, or other consequential damages arising from the use of this website. We will not be liable for any damages or injury, including but not limited to special or consequential damages that result from any failure of performance, interruption, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, defect, error, omission, or inaccuracy; the use of, or the inability to use, the materials in the services even if there is negligence by us or an authorized representative of us; and the user is hereby advised of the possibility of such damages. To the extent that applicable law may not permit the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. Our total liability to you for all losses, damages, and causes of action in contract or tort (including without limitation, negligence or otherwise) will not exceed the amount you paid us to access the services.
- We reserve the right to deny you access to this website and the software, technologies, and data contained within this website at any time based on our sole discretion.
- FreeCourt.com operates a secure site, which assures your privacy to the extent possible within the limits of our applications and technology, and the parts of the resolution process under our control.
- The personal information you provide to establish membership or a user account is safe from hackers, and employees with access to data are required to keep all user information strictly confidential.
- However, we do not control the actions of the parties against whom you file claims, and cannot be held responsible for how they will use the information you provide in the claims you file or other information in their possession.
- You agree and understand that you control the content that is uploaded to this website. You further understand and agree you will comply with all state and federal laws of the United States of America when uploading material, including but not limited to refraining from uploading any child pornography, confidential and private information in violation of the Graham Leach Bliley Act, HIPPA, National Privacy Act of 1974, FDCPA, or any other federal regulations such as FTC, CFPB, or FDIC laws. You understand that you must redact all private information from any documents you upload, including but not limited to all birth dates, social security numbers, medical record or bank account record numbers, and the like.
- FreeCourt does not scan all material uploaded to the website, this is your sole responsibility to ensure you are not violating someone else’s rights or the law.
- FreeCourt may at our discretion and under no obligation remove content posted by any party if it compromises another party’s Social Security number, bank account or credit card numbers, passwords, private account numbers, or other confidential information that might reasonably result in identity theft or other criminal victimization.
Policies Concerning Allegations of Infringement
- It is our policy to respond expeditiously upon receiving notice of claimed intellectual property infringement. We will promptly process and investigate notices of alleged infringement and will take appropriate actions under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and other applicable intellectual property laws. Please email all complaint of infringement to:
All Notices of Copyright Infringement to be Sent to Us
Notices of copyright infringement should contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner that is allegedly
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity, plus information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the
- The address, telephone number, or email address of the complaining
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. We reserve the right to remove and/or disable access from the Service to web pages of repeat infringers and reserve the right to terminate all account holders and subscribers who are repeat infringers of intellectual property
Access and Interference
- Our website may contain robot exclusion headers and you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic devices, or manual process to monitor or copy our intellectual property or any other content contained herein without our prior written consent. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services.
- You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- FreeCourt operates under well-defined and well-tested laws concerning First Amendment free speech rights and under broad safe harbor protection provided by the Communications Decency Act of 1996 as well as various state anti-SLAPP and free speech laws. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or any other damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or in reliance on the information available on the website. This includes any personal injury, business interruption, loss of use, lost data, lost profits, or any other pecuniary loss, whether in an action of contract, negligence, or other tortuous action, even if we have been informed of the possibility. Furthermore, we do not settle or engage in any settlement discussions in response to litigation (or threatened litigation) by parties to a claim; and we reserve all rights under applicable law to seek compensation, including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees and damages in the event that litigation is threatened or brought against FreeCourt.com or its users.